As summer is starting, it’s a perfect time to refresh your business marketing skills. With only a few simple updates you’ll be growing your business and seeing success in no time!
- Your website needs to be updated: Your website serves as an “ambassador” for your clients. All important information such as names, email addresses, location, and phone numbers should be easy to navigate and always kept up to date.
- Navigation: Your website should be simple and functional. You want your clients to easily and quickly find the information they need.
- Mobile friendly: Make sure the design of your website is shown properly on a mobile device. More and more people are using their mobile devices, so making sure the website works and looks presentable on the phone is important.
- Visually appealing: You want to grab the attention of whoever may be on your website, so having pictures of your business or jobs you’ve completed is beneficial.
- Positive Testimonial: The power of a positive testimony on the quality of your employees can be a big difference maker. Having a story or video of an experience that connects the client emotionally to your company and your work can set you apart from other businesses.
- New content: Adding new content regularly allows the client to see refreshing pictures and information about what’s going on with the company.
- Mass Email: Round up the email addresses of your clients after confirming they agree to be sent marketing materials. Sending an occasional email newsletter allows your business to be top-of-mind and can advertise special deals, sales, or new services.
- Your online marketing presence can extend beyond your website. There are plenty of spaces and platforms out there to promote or get information out about your company. There are social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, but there’s also tools like Google Alerts that are excellent avenues to put your business in front of clients.
In the real world:
- While having a presentable online presence is extremely valuable to your company, don’t neglect the “real” world aspect of your business! It’s important to focus on the basics like business cards, invoices, company flyers, presentation folders, company uniforms, and more. Making sure these things are up to date and taken proper care of will pay-off in a positive image and increased business opportunities.